What does an EV Camel Standard Wallpod Installation include?
Our standard installation is designed to cover the majority of homes in the UK at no extra cost and includes the following:
1. Fitting of a Wallpod on a brick or plaster wall, or to another suitable permanent structure.
2. Up to 10 metres of cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the electricity supply meter / distribution board and the Wallpod.
3. Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in a wall up to 500mm (20 inches) thick, if this is needed.
4. The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the Wallpod.
5. Up to 3 metres (10 feet) of plastic conduit/trunking to conceal interior wiring if needed
6. 3 year parts warranty.
7. 12 months installation warranty.
The following items may or may not be needed and are at additional cost (all figures include VAT):
- Additional cable from wallpod to consumer unit at £5.90 per metre
- An additional three way consumer unit – £114
- Installation of a Type C MCB and a Type A RCD in an RCBO enclosure if required (for certain electrical earthing systems) – £112
- An earth rod in soft ground, £76
- An earth rod in other ground conditions, £76 plus additional labour cost
- Mains protective bonding £25 (3m included, £5 per metre thereafter)
- Any other additional works will be priced individually
Sometimes issues arise on the day that mean we can’t complete your install on our first visit, but if we know about any potential issues in advance or if you have particular requirements, we can often resolve them beforehand.
So for the best experience, if you think there’s any reason why we might not be able to complete your install on the day, please let us know.
If you are not sure your cabling will be up to the standard to accept the Wallpod then sending us a picture of your consumer unit in advance may help.
Our Full Terms and Conditions are available here.