Home EV Charge Point Installation Contract: Terms & Conditions
Our terms and conditions cover what is included free as part of a standard installation and what happens if we need to quote for extra work.
Sometimes issues arise on the day that mean we can’t complete your install on the first visit, but if we know about these in advance, we can often resolve them beforehand.
So for the best experience, if you think there’s any reason why we might not be able to complete your install on the day, please let us know.
If you are not sure your cabling will be up to the standard to accept the Wallpod then sending us a picture of your consumer unit in advance may help.
EV Camel’s standard installation for a Rolec Wallpod covers the majority of homes in the UK and includes the following:
- Fitting of a Wallpod on a brick or plaster wall, or to another suitable permanent structure
- Up to 10 metres of cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the electricity supply meter / distribution board and the Wallpod
- Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in a wall up to 500mm (20 inches) thick, if this is needed.
- The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the Wallpod
- Up to 3 metres (10 feet) of plastic conduit/trunking to conceal interior wiring
The following items may or may not be needed and are at additional cost (all figures include VAT):
- Additional cable from wallpod to consumer unit at £5.90 per metre
- An additional three way consumer unit – £114
- Installation of a Type C MCB and a Type A RCD in an RCBO enclosure if required (for certain electrical earthing systems) – £112
- An earth rod in soft ground, £66
- An earth rod in other ground conditions, £66 plus additional labour cost
- Mains protective bonding £25 (3m included, £5 per metre thereafter)
- Any other additional works will be priced individually
Some conditions and limitations that you need to know:
- The Wallpod must be located in your designated off-street parking area and be fixed at a height where it can’t be hit by a vehicle.
- We can’t fix the cable higher than 1.8 metres (6 feet) above the ground. If fixing higher than this is unavoidable then the installation may need to be paused – in that case we will quote for any extra work needed.
- We can’t, as part of the standard package, trench the cable underground or suspend it above ground – if something like this is required please talk to us so that we can give you a quote in advance. If we find out on the day that we have to cross a garden or a pathway we may need to pause the job and quote for the extra work needed to trench the cable.
- When you are using your charger the EV charging lead must remain on your property and must not create a trip hazard for you or anyone else.
- We can’t run cable under floorboards or through ducting / ceiling voids / wall voids without a draw cord (to pull the cable through), or if the floorboards have not been lifted. We can’t take responsibility for reinstating flooring or other building materials after the cable has been laid.
- Our experts are not able to work in crawl spaces, on roofs or in lofts if it is deemed unsafe by them.
- Our experts are not able to work in extreme weather (i.e. flooding or intense rain). If it is not safe to carry on, our expert will do as much as they can and we will return at a later date.
- If you have purchased a freestanding mount for the Wallpod to be fitted on please be aware that there may be an additional cost for installing this.
What happens if we find that your existing wiring isn’t up to modern standards:
- EV Camel follows BS7671 2008/2015 Amendment 3 Standard Regulations and NAPIT guidelines on Electric Vehicle installations.
- If we can’t install in line with these rules then your installation will be paused and we will quote for the work needed to meet the required standards.
- If the existing electrical arrangements at the property are not in line with these rules or there is something else that makes it unsafe for us to install then we will quote for the work needed to meet the required standards..
What happens if your incoming electrical supply is inadequate:
We can only complete the job if the electrical capacity (i.e. main fuse) can support the additional electrical demands of the Wallpod. If the capacity is not sufficient, we might be able to de-rate the Wallpod or we may have to pause the job until your main fuse is upgraded by your electricity supplier. It will help if you tell us the rating of your fuse in advance or send us a picture.
We allocate two hours for standard installations. If we can’t complete on the day because of supply related problems or unexpected extra works then we will reschedule an installation date once the additional works are complete or our quotation for the work has been accepted.
- If required, we will detail any additional works and provide a no obligation quotation for these services. Quotations are valid for a period of 90 days once issued.
- If the additional works are minor (less than 2 hours additional works) we will do our best to complete them on the day, if you decide to pay and proceed on the day.
- If it is determined that an installation cannot be completed on the day, EV Camel will quote for additional works, and a new installation date will be given once payment has been made. Please allow up to 10 working days for a new installation date.
- If we suspect that the installation will not comply with the OLEV grant requirements (see OLEV terms and conditions below), your installation will be paused. Should you disagree with that assessment, you will be given an opportunity to contest this by providing EV Camel with information to state your case to the government, which we can then pass on to the DVLA/OLEV for pre-approval. Should EV Camel receive approval to proceed, a new installation date will be given, please allow up to 10 working days for a new installation date.
Payment is due on the day of installation.
Warranty and Limitation of Liability:
EV Camel’s home charge points are covered by a parts and labour warranty – please see separate document covering this here.
Home Charge Grant for Electric Car Charging:
EV Camel is accredited by the Office of Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) to access the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme funding. Our domestic offer at subsidised prices is limited to customers who are eligible for the grant. The grant subsidises the cost of installing a residential electric vehicle Homecharge unit such as Wallpod for the owners/primary users of electric vehicles.
The grant allows us to reclaim £500 towards the cost of installing a Homecharge unit, installed by EV Camel and you hereby agree to give EV Camel permission to apply for the government Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme grant on your behalf and that you may be contacted in the future by the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) or its agents to conduct a random check.
The grant is subject to a number of terms and conditions, a summary of which is provided here – you will also be required to sign the appropriate form on the day of installation.
Summary of OLEV Terms and Conditions:
- Residents must provide evidence of being the registered keeper or lessee, or be named as the primary user of an eligible EV or plug-in vehicle in order to be able to claim the grant.
- Only one claim per vehicle can be made, even if you own more than one home. However, a single customer can claim one charging point per vehicle, for up to two vehicles.
- A list of qualifying electric vehicles is maintained at: https://www.gov.uk/plug-in-car…
- The grant is only applicable for residential addresses with designated private off-street parking.
- If you are not the property owner and freeholder of the building, signed written permission and a proof of address from the appropriate owner or management company must be obtained prior to installation of the Wallpod.
- Any area where the installation of a Wallpod may affect another property owner, written permission and a proof of address from the appropriate owners must be obtained prior to installation of the Wallpod.
- If you are the property owner and freeholder of a listed building, EV Camel requires listed consent from the local planning authority before an installation can take place.
- VAT may not be recovered from HMRC on the installation by you
- Full details of the grant terms and conditions are available at: https://www.gov.uk/government/…
Customers who require additional information, or have any queries on the grant process should contact OLEV directly on:
Your personal information will be safeguarded and processed in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and that your details will only be passed to EV Camel installation teams, EV Camel commercial partners and OLEV or its agents if your Homecharge unit is chosen for a random check.
Customer information will be shared with agreed Recipients. These Recipients are the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) and EV Camel and its commercial partners, as well as any other body that requires this information in respect of the supply of a grant in respect of supporting the supply to you of the Wallpod (the Recipients).
If you have opted to have an EV Camel communicating Wallpod installed, you confirm that you understand that usage data will be collected from the Wallpod unit for three years from the date of installation, and that your free access to the electric usage data is limited to this same time frame. You also agree that the electric usage data information is only for information purposes and cannot be considered as an electricity meter. The usage data is subject to the mobile phone operator mobile phone signal and the quality of data transmission. You agree that EV Camel will not be held responsible for the delivery or accuracy of the usage data.
You give permission for the Office for Low Emission Vehicles, as well other central government departments, and EV Camel to use your Wallpod usage data (in an anonymised form) to inform future policy development.
From time to time, EV Camel would love to contact you about our latest news, products and services that we feel would be of interest to you. If you would rather we didn’t, then let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will always have the opportunity to unsubscribe from our emails at any time.
Upon installation and completion of the all necessary paperwork and your payment, the ownership of the Wallpod becomes yours, subject to these Terms and Conditions. In the event the Terms and Conditions are breached by you, EV Camel reserves the right to remove the Wallpod unit, or disable it. You agree to indemnify EV Camel for all costs incurred by EV Camel in doing so.
The terms of this Offer may be amended and/or withdrawn by EV Camel, at any time, without prior notice.
This contract and all terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and as determined by the courts of England and Wales.